The Need in Idaho
Did you know that:
- Idaho ranks in the top five states for childhood trauma
- More than 1,500 Idaho high school students attempted suicide in 2017
- More than 4,500 girls will be sexually assaulted before they finish high school
- There are more than 500 reports of domestic violence every day
- More than 30,000 are growing up with a parent behind bars
- Idaho is one of the lowest ranking states for access to mental health services
Is it any surprise that every year in Idaho an average of 28 kids ages 10 – 19 take their own lives? Or that around 10,000 kids commit a crime? Or that 21% of kids under the age of 18 have one or more emotional, behavioral, or developmental conditions?
Traumatic events during childhood or adolescence leave victims in a state of heightened fear and anxiety. Without hope, these young people look for a release from emotions too big to carry any longer.
Since 1953, we have been a beacon of hope for these struggling kids and their families. Many know our name, but few understand the variety of ways in which we serve the youth of Idaho. We provide behavioral, relational, and experiential treatment for kids that need help dealing with these difficult emotions. The need for these services is great, and with the help of our donors, we are able to provide the best care and treatment to kids throughout Idaho who need our help.How We Help Donate Today