Welcome to Idaho Youth Ranch Hays House
Treasure Valley’s only 24/7 shelter
Idaho Youth Ranch offers best-in-class therapies, short-term residential and shelter care to help your child on track toward the promising future they deserve. Our proven therapies are designed to nurture hope, healing, and resilience in young people coping with the aftermath of trauma and other mental health challenges.
When hope seems lost, we leave a light on.
Hays House is here for kids, ages 9 to17, who are runaways, homeless, victims of abuse or neglect, or just need a safe place.
In addition to emergency shelter services, we also offer:
- respite care to give primary caregivers much needed relief and improve family stability.
- drop-in services so young people can stop in for safe place to get a warm shower, a hot meal, and more.
Hays House gives kids a safe, supportive, caring, stable place to live while we help them find their way forward.
Our support services include:
- Life-skills classes
- Family and Individual counseling from a master’s level clinician
- Structured educational support
- Community-based recreation
- Fun environment - complete with video games, arts and crafts, a live-in therapy dog, and more
- Access to an accredited academic program for grades 9 to 12 that includes GED instruction and testing.
All in the Family
Services and referrals are available to parents who need help addressing problems that disrupt a healthy home, including conflict, running away, homelessness, school problems, neglect or abandonment, poor communication, and illegal behavior.
Take a virtual tour of Hays House below
Idaho Youth Ranch Hays House is a Safe Place
If you are having problems at home, suffering from abuse or neglect, lost or in some dangerous situation, with a drunk or unsafe driver, or just need to talk about a problem, the nearest Safe Place site can connect you directly with resources to help. To find a Safe Place site, just look for the yellow and black diamond-shaped signs on local businesses, schools, fire stations, and more. Let an employee know you need help and they'll get you connected with help right away. Learn more about Safe Place.
Idaho Youth Ranch has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for its outpatient counseling & therapy centers – including equine therapy, Hays House youth shelter, and adoptions program. Accreditation by demonstrating continuous compliance with its performance standards. The Gold Seal is a symbol of quality that reflects a health care organization’s commitment to providing safe and quality patient care.