YOUTHWORKS! is here to help teenagers not only find a job but also gain valuable information in this continuously changing job market.
YOUTHWORKS! is offering 2 different options to help young people get the experience they need to find a job and keep a job:
- Free, virtual job readiness workshops that will help young people navigate how to find, get and keep a job.
- An 8-week paid on-the-job training designed to give young people the experience they need to succeed.
Job Readiness Workshops
Job Readiness Workshops are designed to help young people 15-24 years old, find and secure a job that fits their skills, interests and schedule. Workshops occur the first week of every month. All workshops are 45 minutes-1 hour and offered virtually during after school hours.
After completing the workshop series participants will be able to:
- Develop and deliver an elevator speech
- Identify multiple ways to search for a job
- Complete a job application without errors
- Create a professional resume
- Obtain two professional references
- Prepare for an interview
- Answer common interview questions with ease
- Write a professional thank you letter
Our upcoming workshop series will be held October 5 - October 8 and November 2 - November 5.
Have a group that would benefit from a job readiness workshop? We can customize a workshop to fit your agency goals and facilitate during a time that works best for you and the youth!
Sign up today by completing the form below!
For more information, please see YOUTHWORKS Frequently Asked Questions
PAID JOB TRAINING
Job Training is an 8-week on-the-job experience designed for Treasure Valley youth, 16-24 years old, and struggling to find employment.
- Week 1: Participants attend training workshops that will prepare them with basic job skills like communication, collaboration, leadership, work ethic, and more.
- Week 2-6 (PAID): Participants will receive on-the-job training at a Treasure Valley IYR thrift retail location or partnering business close to their home. Participants will train 12 hours a week. They will receive a $600 stipend for this portion of the program.
- Week 8: Participants will work with a Job Specialist to transition into the workforce.
High school students are welcome and encouraged to apply! This part-time job will be designed to accommodate most school schedules.
Job Training for Fall 2020 is currently closed. Another 8-week training cohort will begin early spring 2021. To be added to the wait list, complete the form below.