Idaho Youth Ranch YOUTHWORKS! Program
YOUTHWORKS! is here to help teenagers not only find a job but also gain valuable information in this continuously changing job market.
YOUTHWORKS! is offering 2 different options to help young people get the experience they need to find a job and keep a job:
- An 8-week paid on-the-job training designed to give young people the experience they need to succeed.
- Free, virtual job readiness workshops that will help young people navigate how to find, get and keep a job.
Paid Job Training
Job Training is an 8-week on-the-job experience designed for youth, 16-24 years old, and struggling to find employment.
- Week 1: Participants attend training workshops that will prepare them with basic job skills like communication, collaboration, leadership, work ethic, and more.
- Week 2-6 (PAID): Participants will receive on-the-job training at a Treasure Valley IYR thrift retail location or partnering business close to their home. Participants will train 20 hours a week. They will receive a $900 stipend for this portion of the program.
- Week 8: Participants will work with a Job Specialist to transition into the workforce.
High school students are welcome and encouraged to apply! This part-time job will be designed to accommodate most school schedules. Check out the Trainee Job Description here.
Our Summer 2021 cohort begins the week of June 1st.
Applications are due on May 20th. Submit the form below to begin the application process.
For more information, please see YOUTHWORKS Frequently Asked Questions.
Job Readiness Workshops
Job Readiness Workshops are designed to help young people 15-24 years old, find and secure a job that fits their skills, interests, and schedule. Workshops occur in the first week of every month. All workshops are 45 minutes-1 hour and offered virtually during after-school hours.
After completing the workshop series participants will be able to:
- Develop and deliver an elevator speech
- Identify multiple ways to search for a job
- Complete a job application without errors
- Create a professional resume
- Obtain two professional references
- Prepare for an interview
- Answer common interview questions with ease
- Write a professional thank you letter