Idaho Youth Ranch YOUTHWORKS! Program
YOUTHWORKS! is here to help teenagers not only find a job but also gain valuable information in this continuously changing job market.
YOUTHWORKS! is offering 2 different options to help young people get the experience they need to find a job and keep a job:
- An 8-week paid on-the-job training designed to give young people the experience they need to succeed.
- Free, in-person or virtual job-readiness workshops that will help young people navigate how to find, get and keep a job.
Paid Job Training- Treasure Valley and North Idaho
Job Training is an 8-week on-the-job experience designed for youth, 16-24 years old, and struggling to find employment.
- Week 1: Onboarding & Orientation. Participants will work with a Job Specialist to prepare for the program.
- Week 2-7: Participants will receive on-the-job training at an IYR thrift retail location close to their home. Participants will train 12 hours a week. They will also attend weekly skill-building meetings with the Job Specialist to assist with life skills. Participants will receive a $720 stipend for this portion of the program.
- Week 8: Transition to Employment. Participants will work with a Job Specialist to transition into the workforce.
High school students are welcome and encouraged to apply! This part-time job will be designed to accommodate most school schedules. Check out the Trainee Job Description here.
For more information, please see YOUTHWORKS Frequently Asked Questions.
Job Readiness Workshops
Job Readiness Workshops are designed to help young people 15-24 years old, find and secure a job that fits their skills, interests, and schedule. All workshops are 45 minutes-1 hour and can accommodate most schedules Monday- Friday.
- Job Searching Strategies
- Understanding Applications and Application Tracking Systems
- Resumes and Cover Letters
- Acing the Interview
To schedule a workshop, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.