YOUTHWORKS! is now offering online job readiness workshops and personal job coaching!
At times, COVID-19 has made finding and keeping a job seem impossible, specifically for Idaho’s youth. YOUTHWORKS! is here to help teenagers not only find a job but also gain valuable information in this continuously changing job market. We understand and respect the concerns around attending in-person meetings and groups. That's why we're offering we're offering Job Readiness Workshops and Coaching all summer long via Zoom.
Job Readiness Workshops
What will you get: Learn critical skills required in today’s work environment. Learn where to look for a job, build a resume and prepare for interviews. Learn the fundamentals, basics of getting a job.
Job Readiness Workshops are designed for multiple participants who are 15-24 years old and struggling to find employment.
Participants will be able to:
- Develop and deliver an elevator speech
- Identify multiple ways to search for a job
- Complete a job application without errors
- Create a professional resume
- Obtain two professional references
- Prepare for an interview
- Answer common interview questions with ease
- Write a professional thank you letter
These workshops are facilitated to a small group online via the Zoom platform! There are five, 60 - minute workshops that are held daily for the week they are scheduled. A device that connects to the internet and has camera capabilities is required to complete the workshops.
The Job Readiness Workshop Series will be held daily each week. A new Workshop Series will begin weekly.
To sign up, complete the form below and we will contact you within two business days.
Personal Job Coaching
The Why: Personal Job Coaching is designed to help Idaho’s youth (15-24 years of age) receive one on one guidance as they navigate different options for future employment. We will help you to identify hidden your strengths, market yourself, and start creating a plan for your future! Complete coaching and become an alumni and receive lifelong support job and career support.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify their skills and strengths
- Create a professional personal brand
- Research career options that would be a good fit for them and help to make informed education and employment plans
- Overcome their employment barriers
- Gain confidence in their ability to obtain employment
Sessions will include:
- Self-Discovery Assessments
- Personal Branding & Networking
- Career Exploration
- Identifying job opportunities, application assistance, and interview prep coaching
- Individualized feedback and advice
Personal Job Coaching will be facilitated online via the Zoom platform! Participants will be expected to attend a minimum of four sessions in order to complete the series. Each session is between 60-90 minutes. Sessions can be scheduled around the youth’s availability. A device that connects to the internet and has camera capabilities is required.
Interested in working with a Job Coach? Complete the form below and we will contact you within two business days.
For more information, please see YOUTHWORKS Frequently Asked Questions