Family therapy at Idaho Youth Ranch helps young people, ages 9 to 24, and their families with proven outpatient therapies designed to address trauma, dangerous behaviors, troubling feelings or experiences. Idaho Youth Ranch can help your family reconnect, open up lines of communication, and build more positive relationships.
What is Family Therapy?
Family Therapy is a form of counseling that involves some or all members of a family. A clinician conducts multiple sessions to help families deal with important issues that may interfere with the functioning of the family and the home environment.
The goals of family therapy are unique to each family and circumstance, and are often designed to help family members:
- Improve connection and communication
- Solve family problems
- Understand and handle special family circumstances (for example, death, serious physical or mental illness, or child and adolescent issues)
- And create a better functioning home environment
Our family therapy sessions are approximately 45 minutes in length.
Family therapy sessions may encompass many different treatment styles including but not limited to:
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Equine-Assisted Psychotherapy
- and other evidenced-based interventions designed to target individual needs.
Family Counseling is offered at the following locations: