Idaho Youth Ranch uses individual therapy to help young people, ages 9 to 24, with proven outpatient therapies designed to address trauma, dangerous behaviors, troubling feelings or experiences.
What is Individual Therapy & Counseling?
Individual Therapy (sometimes referred to as “psychotherapy” or “counseling”) is a process through which participants work one-on-one with a trained clinician towards treatment goals. Our priority is to help young people overcome whatever pain or challenges they might be facing and give them the tools they need to find hope and healing.
At Idaho Youth Ranch, we use individual therapy and counseling to help young people address a variety of challenges, including:
Our individual therapy sessions are approximately 45 minutes in length.
Your teen's therapy sessions may encompass many different treatment styles including but not limited to:
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Eye-movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Equine-Assisted Psychotherapy
- and other evidenced-based interventions designed to target individual needs.
Individual Counseling is offered at the following locations: