Are you worried about your son, daughter, or a young friend who is teetering on the brink of serious trouble?
Is your son or daughter spiraling out of control?
Has your child run away, or are they threatening to run away?
No two kids are identical—each has his or her own way of showing when something is wrong. For a parent or a concerned adult, it’s not always easy to know the difference between normal teenage moodiness and the signs of serious trauma or pain. Get help for a struggling child now.
Warning signs that a young person needs help:
- Isolation from family and/or friends
- Cutting or other self-harm
- Explosive outbursts
- Increasingly secretive and withdrawn
- Deep sadness that lasts longer than two weeks
- Falling way behind in school
- Cutting classes or refusing to go to school at all
- Sneaking out at night
- Loss of interest in favorite activities
- “Couch surfing” and fear of going home
- Lying and manipulating others
- Escalated sibling conflicts
- Inability to focus or remember things
- Binge eating or refusal to eat at all
- Dramatic mood swings
- Signs of alcohol or drug use
- Dating much older partners