Additional Information about IYR Emergency Pandemic Sick Leave
IYR may continue to modify these Emergency Pandemic Sick Leave measures as we receive additional information in the coming weeks.
To what absences from work does this additional leave benefit apply?
Emergency Pandemic Sick Leave applies to a work absence caused by any of the following:
- If you are experiencing symptoms, or you are caring for someone who is experiencing symptoms, that could be related to COVID-19.
- If you have been quarantined, or you are caring for someone who is quarantined, due to possible exposure to COVID-19.
- This provision includes “self-quarantine” based on the employee’s own assessment of their health and/or vulnerability to COVID-19, including their absence due to fear of coming to work and contracting the disease.
- In this situation, the employee would use Emergency Pandemic Sick Leave during that absence, and if that leave is used up could then choose to use regular sick leave or vacation, PTO, or be on unpaid leave.
- If you are caring for a child who is unable to care for him- or herself due to the COVID-19-related closing of their school, child care facility, or other care program.
Are all IYR employees eligible for this additional leave?
Yes. All IYR employees, including full- and part-time employees, regardless of their hire date, may use this paid leave benefit for qualifying COVID-19-related absences from work.
When are employees allowed to begin using this leave?
This benefit may be used immediately for qualifying COVID-19-related absences and may be used retroactively for any qualifying COVID-19-related absences that occurred since the beginning of the current pay period on Saturday, March 7.
How long will this leave be in effect?
IYR Emergency Pandemic Sick Leave will be in effect for the duration of the COVID-19 Pandemic emergency period as determined by local health authorities. Please remember that this paid leave is to be used only for COVID-19-related reasons. Emergency Pandemic Sick Leave is separate from your normal sick leave or PTO, and does not become part of your sick leave or PTO bank.”
Do I need a doctor’s note to qualify for this leave?
No. You are not required to provide medical documentation to confirm the reason for your absence. However, you are expected to communicate with your supervisor that you will be absent and the qualifying reason for your absence. Please provide that notice as far in advance as you can.
How will this paid leave be recorded in Novatime?
Emergency Pandemic Sick Leave will be recorded in its own separate category in Novatime. That code will be: 14(PAN).