Revised Masking and Physical Distancing Requirements for Non-Programs Locations
May 18, 2021
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, Idaho Youth Ranch has closely followed the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health authorities. On May 14, 2021, the CDC issued revised guidelines for fully vaccinated people.
Consistent with the revised guidelines from the CDC, IYR is today announcing changes to our masking and physical distancing requirements for IYR employees and frontline volunteers. These changes do not apply to IYR Program’s locations and separate guidance is being provided to Programs employees. When visiting our Program locations (Hays, Emerald, Hands of Promise, Mica Meadows, or Anchor House) you will be required to follow applicable Programs Covid protocols regarding masks and physical distancing.
- Subject to any applicable mask order, fully vaccinated employees and front-line volunteers who have been cleared by HR do not need to wear a mask or maintain physical distancing inside or outside of IYR buildings or when attending an IYR sanctioned event, except as otherwise stated below. See clearance process below.
- Employees and front-line volunteers who are not fully vaccinated and who have not been cleared by HR must continue to wear a mask and maintain at least six feet of physical distance from other people when inside any IYR operated building or when inside any IYR sanctioned event. Unvaccinated employees do not need to wear a mask when working outside provided they maintain at least six feet of physical distance from other people.
- To deliver great customer service: (1) all employees and front-line volunteers must put on a mask if requested to do so by a customer or thrift-store donor, and (2) All donation staff will maintain physical distance from any thrift-store donor who is masked. When physical distancing is not possible (e.g. when giving a donation receipt), all donation staff will put on a mask if the thrift-store donor is wearing a mask.
- To maintain a safe environment for our employees, any masked employee or front-line volunteer must maintain at least six feet of distance from any other masked employee or front-line volunteer.
Clearance Process with HR:
- Eligible and interested employees should complete the application.
- If you recently submitted an application for our previous meeting option for fully vaccinated employees you do not need to submit a new application.
- Scan the signed application and a copy of your vaccination card to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wait to receive confirmation of clearance from HR before implementing this new option.
Consistent with our values of relationships and compassion, it is vital that all employees feel respected and included as equally important members of our team regardless of their vaccination status. We ask all employees to respect their team-members’ right to make their own decision about vaccination and participation in the new option for fully vaccinated employees. Consistent with this, employees should not ask co-workers about their vaccination status.
If you have any questions, please speak with your supervisor or Contact HR.
Thank you all in advance for continuing to keep everyone safe at IYR!