Having experienced 6 or more ACEs can decrease a person's life expectancy by 20 years.
Impacts of ACEs:
The chronic health impacts of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) can result in mental and physical diseases that last a lifetime.
As one's ACE score increases, their risk of the following also increases:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Ischemic heart disease
- Liver disease
- Adolescent pregnancy
- Miscarriage or stillbirth
- Low academic achievement
- Poor work performance
- Financial stress
- Risk of intimate partner violence
- Having multiple sexual partners
- Involvement in crime
- and many other outcomes...
The numbers are staggering. Idaho Youth Ranch can help.