COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Revised and restated February 25, 2021
Key points about the vaccine:
- All IYR employees and volunteers who are Idaho residents are eligible to receive the COVID vaccine.
- This determination was made by State and local health officials and communicated to IYR.
- The vaccine is free, and the CDC recommends the vaccine as a safe and effective measure to keep you and those around you safe.
- IYR is not requiring the vaccine at this time. If you are interested in information about the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine please speak with a healthcare provider or go to the CDC’s vaccine webpage by clicking this link.
- Being vaccinated may also prevent you from needing to quarantine if you experience a close contact with an infected individual.
Obtaining the vaccine:
- Vaccine distribution is complex and evolving on a regular basis. You should consult with a vaccine provider in your area to confirm the process for obtaining a vaccine.
- For a list of vaccine providers in your area and other information go to the State of Idaho’s vaccine information page by clicking this link.
Post vaccine side effects:
- You cannot get COVID from the vaccine.
- Some people will experience COVID like symptoms after receiving their vaccination (e.g. fever, chills, headache, and fatigue). See this page from the CDC for additional information or speak with your healthcare provider.
- If you experience side effects after receiving your shot, stay home and inform your Supervisor. The vaccine takes up to two weeks after your final dose to achieve maximum protective effect, and it is possible to be infected while your body is building its immunity.
- HR will clear you to return to work if your symptoms started within three days of your vaccine and lasted two days or less AND you did not have close contact with someone with COVID.
- If your symptoms started before your vaccination our normal quarantine protocols apply.
Thank you for your continued attention and dedication to keeping our workplaces safe. We will continue to do our best to provide you with the best information available to protect you, your family, your teammates, our clients and customers, and to fulfill our mission. If you have any questions about the information in this message, please direct them to HR.