Who: You have a desire to work with vulnerable and disconnected youth to guide them in reaching their full potential. You have communication skills that will enable you to collaborate with retail staff and engage in community outreach. You have a desire to be comfortable at facilitating training materials, and engaging and motivating youth in a classroom. You are a problem solver and want to feel comfortable collaborating with other team members on youth participation, motivation or behavior. You are knowledgeable about time management, attention to detail, organization and professionalism and want to gain hands on skills.
What: YOUTHWORKS! Intern will:
- Assist with interviews and onboarding of trainees.
- Observe and assist with curriculum development and delivery.
- Facilitate workshops for trainees weekly.
- Provide direct service to youth preparing to enter the job market and youth in job training.
- Be trained to oversee a group of trainees during job training.
- Assist in the implementation of the summer job training program.
- Assist with event planning of graduation event.
Why: You want to gain real – world experience in the field of human services and youth development. You have a passion for helping Idaho’s youth with work force readiness, job training and preparing to transition into young adulthood successfully.
Where: YOUTHWORKS! Office
7025 W Emerald
Boise, ID 83704
When: Starting end of April, beginning of May through end of August. 10 – 15 hours per week would be ideal, but are open to additional hours.
How: In order to volunteer for this opportunity, you will need to:
- Be at least 20 years old.
- Submit application and resume.
- Submit to a criminal background check
- Complete interviews
- Comply with all Idaho Youth Ranch Volunteer Policies and Procedures
Please contact Leslie Morthland, Volunteer Coordinator at 208-377-2613 or firstname.lastname@example.org to become a part of the promise!