Who: You have a passion for working with youth. You want to gain knowledge and experience in developing a summer RECS program for the residents at Hays. You are engaged and connected to the community, and want to make use of the resources available. You have a passion for music, art, culture, recreation, education and service learning.
What: Summer RECS Volunteer/Intern will:
- Design and implement recreation, education and service learning activities for the residents at Hays for 75 days (summer, spring break, winter break, thanksgiving break).
- Schedule activities for the majority of the day during the summer months
- Partner with local agencies.
- Plan other community engagement activities for the residents and their families.
- Engage the residents in the planning process.
Why: The youth we serve deserve to broaden their minds through activities that get them moving and expand their culture. You could help be a part of that!
Where: Hays Shelter Home
Boise, ID 83704
When: mid May until late August, 9am – 3pm, Monday – Friday.
How: In order to volunteer for this opportunity, you will need to:
- Be at least 19 years old.
- Submit application and resume.
- Submit to a criminal background check.
- Attend orientation.
- Complete service shadowing.
- Complete interview.
- Submit to and pass a drug screening and TB test.
- Comply with all Idaho Youth Ranch Volunteer Policies and Procedures.
Please contact Leslie Morthland, Volunteer Coordinator at 208-972-5540 or email@example.com to become a part of the promise!