Next Steps Adviser - YOUTHWORKS! ProgramSkip to Application
Who: Seeking a dedicated, committed individual who has motivation to help other’s succeed and has knowledge and experience that they are willing to share.
What: Next Steps Adviser will:
- Facilitate 45 minute classes on career exploration and post-secondary education options.
- Provide and collect evaluation assessments after each class.
- Offer guidance and support in job preparation, resume building and interview skills as needed.
- Provide information on the IYR Alumni Association as needed.
- Make and keep regular appointments on Thursdays 4:15 to 5:15pm.
Why: Transitioning to young adulthood is an important part of programming for the youth in our programs. Having a committed adult that has a vested interest in their success makes a huge difference overall.
Where: Hays Shelter Home
Boise, Id 83706
When: Thursdays for the meeting with the residents, flexible for prep work and meetings with program team. A long term commitment is requested.
How: In order to volunteer for this opportunity you will need to:
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Submit application and resume.
- Submit to a criminal background check.
- Attend orientation.
- Complete service shadowing.
- Complete interview.
- Submit to and pass a drug screening and TB test.
- Comply with all Idaho Youth Ranch Volunteer Policies and Procedures.
Please contact Leslie Morthland, Volunteer Coordinator at 208-377-2613 or firstname.lastname@example.org to become a part of the promise