CDL-B Drivers - 1 Full Time - Boise Distribution CenterSkip to Application
As an Idaho Youth Ranch CDL Driver you will be responsible for making efficient pickups and deliveries to/from donor homes, the landfill, recycling center or outlet store. Excellent customer service is required as you will interact with donors. Applicants who apply must have a clean driving record and will be responsible for inspection and preventative maintenance of commercial vehicles. Teamwork and a safety mindset are a must. Position requires a Class A CDL license.
- Loads and unloads trucks in a way to minimize breakage, tying in items, whenever needed
- Unloads/loads baling, appliances, and yard items with forklift
- Picks up merchandise and distributes it to the stores/distribution center, dump or recycling center as needed
- Picks up empty refer boxes from selected suppliers
- Performs and completes the Pre-Trip and Post-Trip inspection. Also, performs a daily walk-around each time the truck is operated
- Completes a store stock order for the store assigned, pull supplies, books, new merchandise and other warehouse items to be shipped
- Greets customers, accepts donations, offers a receipt, and thanks each customer for their donation. Treats customer’s donations with respect
- Cleans and sorts donated merchandise
You’ve got passion. You want to make a difference and have a soft spot for kids. You get excited about the possibility of having a real impact and working closely with a committed team to create something transformative. You see what’s possible and don’t let obstacles deter you. You like to get focused on a vision and work diligently to achieve it. Your passion is evident in your interactions. You like to have fun.
You like a challenge and enjoy a dynamic environment. You’re okay with being the go-to person for customer service problems, challenges and opportunities. You like to be the master of your environment and learn a system inside and out so you can make the most of your experience.
You’re a pro. You have a high personal standard of excellence, a strong work ethic and commitment to mission. You’re looking for a new opportunity to leverage and grow your skills, to make a unique contribution to a team effort – to stretch your knowledge, skills and character. You have an innate ability to recognize shifting priorities and adjust accordingly. You understand the power of relationships, the value of persistence, the reward of professionalism, the fun of discovery and the inevitability of change. You’re respected by your peers and can get results where others struggle. Integrity isn’t something you have, it’s who you are.
The Idaho Youth Ranch is one of the oldest non-profit agencies in the state of Idaho. We save, empower and prepare kids for promising futures.
The Idaho Youth Ranch has a competitive Total Compensation Package including: medical plan, dental, vision, retirement plan and other optional benefits. If you want to make a difference in a child’s life, apply today.