Assistant Store Manager - Post FallsSkip to Application
As the Assistant Store Manager you will help the Store Manager maintain the general operations for the specified IYR location. You will assist the Store Manager with supervising the merchandise donations, employees, and customer relations. During the times that the Store Manager is out, you will take the lead in the overall management of the location. By keeping day to day operations, ensuring that the employee morale is high, and encouraging customer retention, you will guarantee the success of the IYR thrift store.
- Oversees the daily operations of store, including staff scheduling, volunteer management, work assignments, training, open/close activities, and personnel-related issues in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Provides hands-on training and leadership by working alongside staff in accomplishing store goals.
- Completes financial reports, including payroll processing. Ensures data is calculated and reported according to agency guidelines.
- Maintains agency quality assurance standards.
- Associate’s degree in Business or related field preferred
- 2+ years supervisory experience in retail or similar industry
- Ability to effectively organize; structure activities and manage staff
- Strong sales skills
- Interest in and knowledge of the retail environment, including general knowledge of popular brands, product pricing and antique
You’re a leader, who likes to lead by example
Satisfaction is your game, as you encourage others to always work at their best. You always have a positive attitude and you use it to influence fellow co-workers. You have a hard working mindset that allows others to maintain a high moral. You welcome diversity. You value employees and customers that you like to develop professional relationships with them.
You’ve got passion.
You want to make a difference and have a soft spot for kids. You get excited about the possibility of having a real impact and working closely with a committed team to create something transformative. You see what’s possible and don’t let obstacles deter you. You like to get focused on a vision and work diligently to achieve it. Your passion is evident in your interactions. You like to have fun.
You like a challenge and enjoy a dynamic environment.
You’re okay with being the go-to person for customer service problems, challenges and opportunities. You like to be the master of your environment and learn a system inside and out so you can make the most of your experience.
You’re a pro.
You have a high personal standard of excellence, a strong work ethic and commitment to mission. You’re looking for a new opportunity to leverage and grow your skills, to make a unique contribution to a team effort – to stretch your knowledge, skills and character. You have an innate ability to recognize shifting priorities and adjust accordingly. You understand the power of relationships, the value of persistence, the reward of professionalism, the fun of discovery and the inevitability of change. You’re respected by your peers and can get results where others struggle. Integrity isn’t something you have, it’s who you are.
The Assistant Store Manager-Level 2- reports directly to the Area Thrift Manager.
The Idaho Youth Ranch is one of the oldest non-profit agencies in the state of Idaho. We save, empower and prepare kids for promising futures.
The Idaho Youth Ranch has a competitive Total Compensation Package including: medical plan, dental, vision, retirement plan and other optional benefits. If you want to make a difference in a child’s life, apply today.